Pinch doses of laudanum
Legionnaire’s Lament by the Decemberists has become one of my current favorite songs. For reasons I cannot explain, the song makes me want to visit Paris. I’m not often struck by urges to visit Paris, or France in general (though the WWII enthusiast [omg word choice] in me would like to see the countryside).
Let’s go, shall we?
And don’t forget, there shall be drinking at the pilsner lighthouse outside Copenhagen, so dress appropriately for a trip to Denmark (and Sweden. OTP <3.).
Last night I decided to make my new MySpace just cracked out enough to scare off my half-friends. I figure slapping a graphic of Jim Gordon/Sirius Black = a love so pure on my profile will win me the ire of many. The question is will they hate it because it’s gay or will they hate it because it’s incestuous and also quite impossible for Jim/Sirius to be OTP?
The shirt I’m wearing has the most beautiful dark purple beads sewn on. They’re kind of mesmerizing. Oh. There’s dark green and dark blue, too. They’re v. dark but also kind of metallic.
Did I mention that Ray LaMontagne is coming to town in October? The Black Keys are coming in November. I <3 them. Someone tried to take down the sign that’s hanging on the bulletin board downstairs and I was like NO WAY and hung it back up. You don’t diss the Black Keys okay? Okay. If you do, I’ll pencil trick your ass.
A Friday random, you ask? Well, all right.
1. The Luckiest – Ben Folds (brb sobbing)
2. More Than a Feeling – Nsync (whut)
3. Love Song – 311
4. Come On Over – Christina Aguilera
5. Goin’ Nowhere – Chris Isaak
6. Gravedigger – Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, Boone, NC (these tracks got renamed somehow, so it shows as being Crash Into Me)
7. Desire – The Raconteurs
8. I Will Buy You a New Life – Everclear
9. Please Don’t Go Girl – New Kids on the Block
10. Blue Water [partial] – Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, Boone, NC (listed as Lie In Our Graves)
Posted on August 8, 2008, in Adventures with Sparkle Pants, All about Sparkle Pants, Dave Matthews Band, Flocked, Friday Random, lolz, Show tunes!, You made baby Jesus cry!. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.