The white people are melting
Y’all, it’s hot. And I’m in a very bad mood. Probably because it’s hot and humid and today is the DMB show, which I will not be attending. Bad. Mood.
1. You are in the Witness Protection Program and must invent a new first, last, and middle name. What’s your new name?
Emerson Lydia Manz
2. You are in a threesome with two famous people, alive or dead, who would they be?
Dave Matthews and David Gray.
3. You are in charge of naming your new band. What’s the name of the band? What’s the name of their first album?
Band: Rabid Puppy
4. You are going to get a free tattoo. What and where is it?
“How can I turn away?” circling my right wrist.
5. You are being forced to listen to one song over and over, ad infinitum, as a form of torture. What song is it?
If they were clever, they’d just play Mariah Carey’s entire body of work repeatedly. That’d do it.
6. You are leaving your state/province. What state do you move to?
California. For the love of all that is scared in this world CALIFORNIA.
7. You are leaving your country; where would you move to?
Canadia. England. Germany. Italy. POLAND (I didn’t forget). Somewhere in Africa if I have a death wish.
8. You get to choose one book as the best ever written. What book do you choose?
9. You get to choose one movie as the best ever made. What movie do you choose?
Um, hello. Anchorman.
10. You get to spend one day each as a bird, an insect, and a mammal. What bird would you be? What insect? What mammal?
Bird: Duck. Insect: Rolly polly. Those count, right? Mammal: Elephant. Or a puppy.
What happened to 11?!
Sorry. I was hungry.
12. You must relive one year of your life. Which would you least like to relive? Which would you most like to relive?
Least: 2003. Nooo thank you.
13. You have a time machine that will take you backwards anywhere from 1800 to the present. What decade do you most want to visit?
14. You must choose to go skydiving or very-deep-sea diving.
Y’all are mean. I can’t do either. But in a pinch, I’d rather be under water than falling through the air.
15. You get to return to the past (using that handy dandy time machine we were talking about before) and have a sexual encounter with a rock star who is no longer alive. Who do you pick?
Jim Morrison. Heh.
16. You get to be a contestant on any game show, airing today or in the past. What show do you want to be on?
17. You are given $1 million dollars but you must give it all to one charity. What charity do you choose?
I’m going to assume that charity is interchangable with organization, in which case, my money is going to Save Darfur.
18. You must ban one word from the dictionary and all usage, to be no longer uttered or written. What word do you ban?
I’m going to be completely tree-huggy here. Hate.
19. You can have 100 million dollars tax-free but, if you take it, you’ll die at the age of fifty. Do you take it?
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your
Live Journal along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
1. The Infanta – The Decemberists
2. Delicate – Damien Rice
3. Steady As She Goes – The Raconteurs
4. Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira feat. Wyclef
5. The entire Life In Slow Motion album by David Gray
6. High Speed – Coldplay
7. The Bachelor and the Bride – The Decemberists
Have at it, y’all.