Five things I miss from my childhood.
I got tagged by AJ!
Okay…here are the rules:Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump everyone up one place; add your blog’s name in the #5 spot. You need to link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross-pollination of your chosen blogs.
Next, select 4 new friends to tag: I tag Michelle and Meredith because I don’t have four friends with blogs, unless I want to start circulating this around LJ. And Mer and Chelle have non-LJ blogs :)
Five things I miss:
1. I miss driving out to the Texaco station after school and jumping on the trampoline until dark.
2. I miss fresh school supplies. Newly sharpened pencils, the smell of paper, pink erasers. I miss that smell.
3. I miss band. I miss giving Mrs. Evans hell. I miss pranking the underclassmen and being told by Mrs. Reynolds that we did a good job. I miss San Antonio. I miss sitting around the pool singing our solos from Shorty George. I miss Mark and Elliott and Anthony and Bryce and Billy. I miss the seventh grade boys driving everyone and their mother insane.
4. I miss the lore of the grade school. I miss the mustard yellow curtain on the stage, the creepy old locker rooms under the stage, the coach’s office, the light switch in the girls’ locker room that shocked you, no matter what you did to avoid it.
5. I miss the old playground toys. Especially the old “club house” that had FUCK scrawled across the ceiling. I miss the way it smelled inside and was always cool, no matter how hot it was outside.